In 61 days, it will be December 31st, 2012.
There is no reason to wait until January 1st to take control of your life, when you can start today.
So, I am challenging you to join me on this 61 day Living Low Amylose challenge.
Let's do this together. For me. For you. For US.
With the exception of Thanksgiving and Christmas, or whatever holidays you celebrate, we will be living, eating, and breathing a Low Amylose lifestyle.
Here is the challenge:
- Eat Low Amylose 99% of the time. If you eat three meals and two or three snacks a day that is 35-42 times a week that you will find yourself eating. Treating yourself to one flavored coffee or cupcake once every week or two isn't going to hurt you. When you do treat yourself, go for the small or medium drink or a kids sized treat. But remember, this is a challenge. Don't over treat yourself! Better yet, treat yourself with non-food treats (pedicure, manicure, a new shirt).
- Exercise for 3.5 hours a week. Whether you work out for 30 minutes every single day or 45 minutes every other day, you must work out at least 3.5 hours a week.
- Increase your water intake. Instead of going for that diet soda, unsweet tea, or 100% fruit juice, grab the bottle of water first. If you have trouble drinking water (I sure do!) try easing up to mostly water by making yourself drink water in between each flavored drink. Water, juice, water, diet soda, water, etc.
- Keep a food log. Whether it's a little memo pad you keep in your purse or a message you text yourself, keep a food log of every single thing you eat and what time you're eating it. This will help you see what food groups you're eating from and see what you may be skipping out on (too much fruit, not enough veggies, or too much fruits and veggies and not enough protein). You don't have to share this with anyone but yourself.
- Check in at least 3 times a week. You must check in via e-mail or our Facebook group page at least three times a week. When you're checking in with the group, you're more likely to keep yourself in check. And if you slip up, we're here to help get you back on track.
No one else can make you want it, you have to want it for yourself.
At the end of the 61 days, I will draw from those of us doing the challenge to win a prize. But really, if you stick to the challenge, you're already a winner.
Here's to kicking some PCOS butt and getting in shape, the healthy way.
If you're IN you can check IN on our Facebook page. If you don't have Facebook, please feel free to leave a comment on this post or e-mail me!
Lets do this ladies!